Basic Convictions of the Krishna Consciousness Movement
Srila Prabhupada listed the following convictions of the Krishna Consciousness Movement:
1. The Absolute Truth is contained in all the great scriptures of the world. However, the oldest known revealed scriptures in existence are the Vedic literatures, most notably Bhagavad-gita,which is the literal record of God’s words.
2. God, or Krishna, is eternal, all-knowing, omnipresent, all-powerful, and all-attractive, the seed-giving father of man and all living entities. He is the sustaining energy of all life, nature, and the cosmic situation.
3. Man is actually not his body but spirit soul, part and parcel of God, and therefore eternal.
4. That all men are brothers can be practiced only when we realize God as our common father.
5. All our actions should be performed as a sacrifice to the Supreme Lord: “All that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto Me.” (Bhagavad-gita 9.27)
6. The food that sustains us should always be offered to the Lord before eating. In this way He becomes the offering, and such eating purifies us.
7. We can, by sincere cultivation of bona fide spiritual science, attain to the stage of pure, unendingly blissful consciousness, free from anxiety, in this very lifetime.
8. The recommended means to attain the mature stage of love of God in the present age of Kali, or quarrel, is to chant the holy name of the Lord. The easiest method for most people is to chant the Hare Krishna mantra:
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.